Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My newest creation

Last weekend I was finally able to sit in front of my sewing machine for the first time in a LONG time.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to finish the outfit because nothing was working for me at first.

We have rearranged some things and some how my ONLY good scissors and my rotary cutter are both missing.  So cutting the fabric was *fun*.  After taking waaaayyyyy to long to cut all the pieces, it was time to start the actual sewing. I threaded my serger.  This also took way to long.  I didn't realize how bad my eyes had gotten.  It also probably didn't help that I was using black thread.

About 30 minutes later, the thing was FINALLY thread.  Ok, I stepped on the pedal... AND remembered that I had been having problems with the thing the last time I used it.  I had to troubleshoot it which took about 1 to 2 hours but I was able to fix whatever was wrong with it.

Then I was about to sew.... for about 20 minutes! I was just chugging right along when.... SNAP! All of a sudden my needle broke for NO reason at all.  I searched my house and guess what! My spare needles were also missing.  I live 45 minutes away from the closest store and we have to leave to go meet family for dinner in an hour.

I walked away with my head hanging low.  I was feeling defeated.  My sweet pea had to go to dinner without the new outfit that mommy had promised her.

After dinner, I stopped by Walmart and bought some new needles.  I went back home, put the kids to bed, and started sewing.  OH it was so nice... everything was working!

I didn't get to finish the outfit Saturday like I had planned, but I did go to bed happy knowing that it was almost done.  I woke up Sunday and finished the whole thing.  I was pleased that the whole outfit was a pretty quick sew (if I had not run into so many problems).

So week's 1 sew is out of the way.  I am excited to start next week's outfit.  Here are some pictures of the outfit I made.  Please excuse the fact that we still have our Christmas decorations up.  It has been super busy here!





All the patterns I am using in my year challenge come from the awesome ladies at Create Kids Couture (CKC). For the outfit I did last week, I used there Alegra's Pinafore top  and Rihanna's Pants.

I am running a sale on my Facebook page for these two patterns.  Come by and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment