Thursday, October 27, 2011

Homemade Christmas

This year I have been inspired to make most of the people on my list gift for the holidays.  I plan on making the adults cupcakes as one gift.  I heart Hobby Lobby's cup cake boxes.  They always have the cutest designs and they hold 6 cupcakes each which is perfect for a couple.

I have been looking up different recipes and I think I have it narrowed down to 3 different kinds I am going to make.  The first is a chocolate peppermint.  The second one is a cinnamon flavor cupcake and last is an eggnog cupcake using brandy!  They all sound so yummy I can't wait to make them!

For my nieces, I want to make them an outfit.  I haven't decided on which one yet but I still have time.  

Last year I made all the men BBQ rub.   This year I am going to focus more on the women.  I am not sure if I am going to do the same thing for each person but I do know 1 person I am going to make these for....

My idea is to make a vintage memo board.

I have started stalking ebay and other sites for the most perfect antique wooden picture frame.  I really like the look of an oval frame.

I am wanting something similar to this

I like how it is nice and big but not to bulky.  I also like how it has just a little bit of detail but it is just enough.
I plan on taking which ever frame I end up with, sanding it down and spray painting it white.

Once that is all done, then I will add a cork board to the back of it.  I am going to cover the cork with a nice piece of vintage looking fabric.

I have it narrowed down to 4 different fabrics.




Then finally I will buy some cute push pins from the office store and there you go.... a wonderfully homemade Christmas present.


No comments:

Post a Comment