Friday, October 28, 2011

Letter Art project

Yesterday I stumbled across an absolutely wonderful idea called letter art.  There are many different sites that do this just using generic photos.

Pretty much what it is, is you tell them what word you want to spell (usually a name) and then they find photos of buildings, playground equipment, trees, or ANYTHING that looks like a letter.  They put all the photos together to make it look like it spells that word and then frame it.

I thought it would be a good idea as a Christmas present.  Only problem.... the cheapest I could find it done was for $150.  Um no thanks!!!

So I took to searching the web.  I found some great shots that were not copy righted.  I printed them off.

Here were a couple I liked that I did not print off...



I found a frame on amazon.com with the number of openings I need for only $15. I have got to get it!

Last night when I was laying in bed I kept thinking about the pictures I had.  Then I had the wonderful idea of going downtown and taking my own pictures so that way it is more personalized for the people it is intended for.

I live in a historic town that is known for their old bath houses and can not wait to see what "letters" I can find out there!

I am also super excited about getting such a nice gift for only $15.  I am also using a last name since I am giving it to a couple.  So for two people... you can't beat that price!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment