Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween goodness

I hope everyone had a great Halloween.  I know my kids had a good time!

This weekend was extremely busy in our household.  Friday night I took the kids to the zoo for trick or treating.

Then Sunday we went to the local amusement park for the costume contest.  Our "Jack Sparrow" took 3rd place.

At one point this weekend I realized I haven't done many Halloween crafts this year with the kiddos.  I looked through my cabinets to see what I had.  I had everything to make spooky brownies.
I made my brownies in cupcake pans.  They were super easy and I didn't have to cut them or deal with any big mess.


Ours didn't turn out as "neat" looking.  They still tasted just as good and were a big hit.  Considering my kids are 2, 3, and 5, they lost interest before we got to making the ghost.

I think if I do these again next year, I am going to dip the marshmallows in the melted frosting instead of pouring the frosting over the marshmallows.  It was just to messy and didn't turn out nice and smooth.

I put a few in little Halloween goody bags, printed off some gift tags and let the kids give them to their teachers.

Now that Halloween is over, I need to start getting some ideas for Thanksgiving crafts.

What kind of kid friendly crafts do you all do for the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment