Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Every little girls dream

I am in disbelief!!!! My oldest child is turning 6!

My oh my, how does the time fly.

Every year I usually start planning a month or two in advance.  About 6 months ago she told me that she wanted an Ariel Birthday party this year.  This is the first year we are not having it at the house but I still plan on doing the cake (well hopefully... our oven just stopped working).

I made the invitations about 2 weeks ago.  They were the basic "What, When, Where?" invitations.  I added a few pictures of Ariel and her friends.

(sorry about the bad pictures. I am having problems with my camera so I have had to resort to using my phone which does not take the best pictures.)

They really weren't that spectacular!  Until.... I had the best idea ever.  Ok maybe it wasn't the best but I thought it was pretty darn good and so did my daughter. 

I remembered that we had one of those autograph books from our trip to Disney world last year.  I scanned Ariel's signature and then changed the color to red (which is my daughter's favorite color... plus it matches Ariel's hair).

I put it at the bottom of the invitations and that way it looks as though Ariel signed them herself.  


I mean what little girl wouldn't want a Princess to help plan their birthday party!


Next I have to plan my son's party.  His is 2 weeks after Christmas so I usually like to plan it early otherwise I get caught up in the holidays and then it is last minute.  This year he wants a pirate theme.

What kind of parties do your kids like?


No comments:

Post a Comment