Thursday, November 3, 2011

A little inspiration

Hello!!!

I have decided that it was time I do a little decorating in my entryway.

What am I talking about?  It isn't an entryway.  It is a small little hallway that just so happens to have the front door at one end.

Right now it is sort of a beige color.  I am pretty sure that it was painted with flat paint because it picks up every little sign of dirt and is just about impossible to clean off.

With 3 young kids, the walls are dirt magnets!!!

There is no current "design" or order/organization to this entry way at all!

The light fixture (chandelier) is over 10 years old.  It is full of dust, dirt, and it is gold.  I am not a fan of gold.... besides part of it is broken! It drives me crazy every time I look at it....

I found a few "replacement" fixtures that I like.

I think my favorite (in both looks and price) is this beauty.


I wish they had one with 4 lights instead of 3.  There is a similar one that has 5 lights but it looks like a bit much for our small entry way.  It would probably go better in a dinning room.

As far as design goes, I am torn between 3 ideas.  Keep in mind that I don't have much room to work with.

The first is this...


I like that there is a lot of storage.  You can even store your shoes under the bench.  Everything has its place and it looks so nice a neat!



I would love to have a small table in the entryway that  I can decorate as I please and change when ever I wanted.


alma hallway after

This one is a bit boring.  I would have to do something different... I mainly like the amount of hooks and that they are low enough that the kids would be able to hang their own backpacks and coats.

The first thing I would like to do is paint the entryway.  I just really can not pick a color.

I would like a nice warm shade of green or burnt orange.  Any ideas???

I can't wait to get started.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment