Monday, November 7, 2011

B is for...

Whew!  What a day.  Actually... What a weekend!

I have been busy crafting, crafting and more crafting.

This weekend I finished 2 homemade Christmas gifts, worked on another one as well (just have a few finishing touches to add), started on some holiday decorations but ran out of supplies before I could finish.  I also made a cute gift for my daughter's teacher... which I will get to in a minute, and some scrabble artwork.

I still have to make Riley's Ariel outfit for her party and an outfit for Thanksgiving, plus one more Christmas gift.

My favorite project from the weekend (well actually I did it today) was the Crayon Art.



This project is super easy, fun, quick and it doesn't cost much!

My daughter's Kindergarten teacher is getting married and her name is changing to Mrs. Brown.  I thought that this would be a cute "wedding gift".

I started by finding a B on the net that I liked.  It needs to be something bulking.  Then I started cutting my crayons to make them fit on the letter.  It took me 6 (8pack) boxes of crayons (.78 cents each from Walmart).

Once I had them all glued down, which took me less than an hour, I then put them in this frame.

I got the red mat from Hobby Lobby for $2.99 and the frame was $20 BUT I scored and got it for ONLY $6.

CLEARANCE RACK!!!!

It was on clearance because it had no glass... which I didn't need anyways!  It was also banged up pretty bad.  Quick fix!!!! I just glued the extra crayon bits to any part of the frame that had visible damage!

So for less than $15, I got a wonderful piece of art and a nice gift.

Does anyone else do gifts for their children's teachers.  I remember as a child, everyone gave the teachers presents for Christmas.  I want to do that for my kids' teachers but I am not sure if they still do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment